Re: Keyboard not acting normal

What keyboard is it.

Could be drivers, could be windows could be anything.

Firstly clean the board.

I know some boards can get a bit sticky at times.

I ended up using a vacuum with a small attachment and doing a gentle suck over the board.

I also turned it up side down and gave it a really good shake over a desktop and vacuumming that and the issues I have had are a lot less.

As I have a skin condition where skin tends to shed a lot my board does need regular clearing of extras.

The next thing I'd check if wired is the condition of the wire, I have had broken wires before.

Also I'd check the condition of the board, while mechanicals may not have a high failure rate membranes could simply be warn out.

If this is wireless, then if it doesn't work, swapping out the power cells wouldn't go a miss.

Next depending what it is, doing a factory reset on it followed by a firmware refresh wouldn't go a miss at all if you have that capability.

On the computer side, I'd then check and update the latest drivers from the manufacturer site.

Both for the keyboard and if its on usb the usb controlers though that may need latest latest chhipset drivers though devices will generally work without those.

I can't speak for logitech but setpoint and logitech options have not had updates in a while now.

For microsoft their mouse keyboard centre doesn't update much but there are updates from time to time.

Windows update may have a generic update in optionals or simply there is a third party update for it.

Usually generic boards don't need software, firmware or drivers though.

Next, I'd run any bios and hardware firmware updates on your system in case its an input issue, note you may allready have the latest updates generally.

Next, I'd go through the standard sfc and dism checks followed by an entire reformat though if you need to do the last 3 steps then its probably worse than that.

Run a virus scan to but again you would have more issues than a board.

Most likely its the keyboard.

Start from the top and move down and down and down the list till the reformat part.

As a test, try a different board and try that board on anothr system.

If it fails then skip to the end of this list and replace the board.

On 25/05/2021 4:05 am, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hi Group,

My keyboard has not been acting normal since yesterday.
I cannot use the arrow keys. Only the left arrow key moves.
At first the NVDA key did not work but later misteriously started to
work. I rebooted a few times hoping itcorrect itself I am having a
hard time writing this message.
Any ideas why this is happening and how to correct this?
.
will corect