Re: Is Oracle Data Management screen-reader accessible?

Well I wouldn't know,  but oracle stuff does use java.

So in theory if access bridge is active in windows and I think nvda does this anyway, it should work.

There are 2 types, java runtime which is 8. something then there is java 10 up.

The software may have java included with it so it may in fact work.

On the other side, assuming this friend is not doing any administrating of the thing and maybe doesn't have to interact with the software itself then it may be a web based application so it may just run like that.

Java apps are generally accessible as long as they don't use some odd library or something.

Java is used in almost everything so it would be a question of interface.

As for the software itself, not sure but even if its totally inaccessible there is probably a frontend that is.

Thats either via ms access, or the web, or some frontend access app that you can use etc.

Of course if she needs physical access to the software itself its always a bit harder.

But I have never used oracle database software and probably won't ever do so.

But chances are if its got shortcut keys then as long as the screens read and its got a menu or ribbon it can be used.

Even if that doesn't happen if the dialogs work then you could probably access it with keyboard shortcuts.

Even if thats still a no go if this job doesn't require direct interaction with either another database or a frontend, maybe it will accept other databases or file types so maybe excell.

Excell is still a dog I tried it it is however accessible to a point.

Its more the understanding on how to use it and I never ever got the hang of it though this could have been due to poor instruction rather than anything else.

On 25/05/2021 7:01 am, Arlene wrote:

Here is the question a friend asked about a job she’s applying for. Here’s the e-mail with the correct spelling.

Hello, all.

I’m seeking work with t tech as a customer service representative. They use oracle data management software. Is this accessible with either jaws or N V D a? Thanks so much and have a great day. This person called Freedom Scientific and they told her to call the Oracle company. I don’t think they have an idea what Jaws or any screen reader is. Would NVDA work with it?

Sent from

Sent from Mail for Windows 10