Re: NVDA 2021.1 Beta 1 is now available

Quentin Christensen

Someone did report that MalwareBytes was flagging the Colibri voices from Acapela - I assumed it would give a message, but maybe it's not reading it?  It also shouldn't be anything specific with the beta even if it is that.

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 2:25 PM Chris Smart <ve3rwj@...> wrote:

Hi.

Well, memory usage is about 9% and CPU idles at 0% so I'm not thinking there is anything significant going on. The fans are nice and quiet too.

I am running Malware Bytes Premium, but if that is interfering with NVDA, that would be a first here. I've never had that problem. Anyway, I'll try disabling Malware Bites and running the installer again.

On 2021-05-24 10:43 p.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
Could there be something else hogging resources on your PC Chris?  Between web pages not displaying and the launcher not working - have you checked what else is running?

Also, are you running any anti-virus software?  It's often worth disabling that before installing new software.

Quentin.

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 2:37 AM Chris Smart <ve3rwj@...> wrote:

yep, that page opens here now too.

Strangely though, when I hit Enter on the installer, my computer fan speeds up for a couple of seconds as if it's doing something, and then the installer disappears. Nothing else happens. LOL

This is using Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.19042, on an Intel i& 9700K with 8 cores at 3.6 gHz, 32 GB of ram

I think I'll just wait for beta 2.

Chris

On 2021-05-24 11:50 a.m., P. Otter wrote:
hello, for me it's no problem, i can get the page as usual.
paul otter

Op 24-5-2021 om 15:56 schreef Chris Smart:

Is anyone else having trouble accessing

https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2021.1beta1/nvda_2021.1beta1_changes.html

Nothing displays when I go to that link.

On 2021-05-24 5:34 a.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi everyone,

Beta 1 of NVDA 2021.1 is now available for download and testing. There are many (four paragraphs of) fixes, updates & information (including a note about add-ons) on the release announcement where you can also download the beta: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Please do feel encouraged to test it and let us know any issues you find.

Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen