- NVDA 2021.1 and Joseph Lee's add-ons: release in progress
Re: NVDA 2021.1 and Joseph Lee's add-ons: release in progress
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
As a new user to nvda Can I now put in a plee.
I use goldwave a lot.
I have just downloaded version 655.
It really works well with nvda.
However one thing, If I want to edit a file and want to get to the end, that’s fine as I press chorded dots 4 6 on my braille display.That works fine. However is there a way of getting nvda to say
“end of file” as jaws does?.
Not really important but so useful.
Thanks a lot.
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 24 May 2021 23:13
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2021.1 and Joseph Lee's add-ons: release in progress
I’m releasing add-ons compatible with NVDA 2021.1 – it may take a while before they show up on community add-ons website and Add-on Updater (see a special note on Add-on Updater 21.05.1 on how that ad-on is working with
NVDA 2021.1). Most add-on releases will also include localization updates.
Besides Add-on Updater, the following add-ons are being updated:
- Control Usage Assistant
- Enhanced Touch Gestures
- Resource Monitor
- Windows 10 App Essentials
- I’m ending maintenance of most add-ons by September 2021, by which time I’ll be focusing on graduate school. If you are browsing add-on source code repositories,
you’ll see a notice from me regarding this.
- Add-on Updater: as I noted in a previous message, you MUST apply 21.05.1 manually until further notice.
- GoldWave: version 21.06 will be the final version to be maintained by me, and I’m looking for people who will maintain this add-on from August 2021.
- Control Usage Assistant, Enhanced Touch Gestures, StationPlaylist: version 21.06 will be the penultimate (second to last) version from me, with the final release
scheduled for summer 2021 (southern winter). Control Usage Assistan and Enhanced Touch Gestures contain localization updates, and StationPlaylist includes last minute compatibility changes.
- StationPlaylist: version 20.09.x (LTS20) maintenance is over and 20.09.x is not compatible with NVDA 2021.1.
- Resource Monitor: I expect to release t least two more releases after 21.06, one scheduled shortly after the next Windows Server release is finalized later this
- Windows 10 App Essentials: version 21.06 is the last release to support Windows 10 Version 2004 (May 2020 Updatebuild 19041), with a ersion scheduled for August
requiring Version 20H2 or later. If you are using development snapshots of this add-on, you’ll notice that it will work with NVDA 2021.1, and I’m refactoring modern keyboard support.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.