Re: Running Commands with Admin Privilege

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 09:54 AM, Martin McCormick wrote:
Anyway, Power Shell (Admin) probably makes you do the UAC
drill, but pressing the Comma just after Windows-x did nothing.

Somewhere, there is a personalize in the control panel
that lets one replace the admin power shell with the Command
Prompt.
1. Comma should do nothing.  It's neither a windows command nor is it a keyboard shortcut mapped to one of the options in the WinKey+X context menu.

2. The choice to set PowerShell versus Command Prompt in the WinKey+X menu is found in Settings, Personalization, Taskbar.  There is a toggle for Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in the menu when I right click the start button or press Windows Key + X.  I personally prefer Command Prompt because I have years of experience with it, so that's what I keep in my menu.

3. Every item, except File Explorer, in that is in the WinKey+X context menu has a single letter "third letter pressed after WinKey+X" associated with it.  If you've got it set for Command Prompt then C will open a non-admin instance whereas A will open an Admin instance of command prompt.

      ~ Brian Vogel