locked Re: History with Jarte and NVDA

hello.
yes, libreoffice can opens various types of microsoft files by default,
and even you can edit and save the files as their original extensions.

On 5/25/21, David Russell <david.sonofhashem@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello NVDA Group,

To Gene, David, and others interested.

Gene, Jarte was a 'nimble' word processor said to be basic and not
have all the bells and whistles found on MS Word. I believe only
Jarte+ is available for free, or at its cost of under twenty-five US
dollars. Also, the plus version offers spelling error features via the
screen reader mode, and again mimics WordPad. That answers your
question of what I ant it to do for a significant savings: act like MS
Word for a savings of over 50 percent.

The issue of the product no longer being supported is concerning.
Should this raise 'flags' and what might those be?

To David, a friend suggested LibreOffice, too. I note from doing a
Google search, there were issues in 2019 with this program repeating
words, skipping text, and perhaps spellcheck. I did pick up on the
producers being passionate from what I read by them. As a writer, I am
reliant on software working well and together. These past issues were
said to occur between LibreOffice and either Jaws or NVDA. If you can
allay my concerns to their existence, I will give LibreOffice strong
consideration as it is still active!
I have files on a thumb drive produced in the 2013 version of MS Word.
Jarte will read those. Can one expect the same from LibreOffice?

Excuse me for my wordiness, but I have found that two or more heads on
a matter may be better than one.. Thanks!

--
David C. Russell, Author

--
By God,