Re: Keyboard not acting normal

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 03:08 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
Do those cans of compressed air work for cleaning keyboards?
-
For dust and loose or semi-loose crud they do.  I've often had keyboards with not a sticky key, but a key where a crumb or other hard grain-of-sand-sided object got lodged beneath making strike activation of that key wonky.

As to how to do it, so long as you keep your fingers away from the end of the straw (as the air is very cold and can cause freezing) you would just run the straw along each row of keys while spraying.

This is not a precise process even if you can see what you're doing.  You just try to keep the straw tip such that it's touching the side edge of the key and is angled downward to get maximum force of air flowing under the key itself.

      ~ Brian Vogel