Re: Difficulty accessing links in confidential E-mails with NVDA

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 04:53 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
I am not using Outlook, but I’m using software that is no longer supported.  I didn’t mention that due to the out-of support rule.
-
And that, right there, could (note, I didn't say is, but very well could) be your problem.  I used to tell people it was OK to use Windows Live Mail 2012 for a number of years after it went out of support, because it wasn't being cranky and didn't have glaring security holes like Outlook Express did.  But, suddenly, it did start getting cranky for me.  It still isn't, at last report, for some others.

I will say that in-depth discussion of out-of-support software is forbidden on this group.  But that's a completely different thing than giving accurate information about the operating environment you've got.  The response, and not just from myself, might very well be, "Get rid of {insert piece of software here}," from other people who've experienced the same or similar issues.

This is the very reason why using out-of-support software is generally a bad idea.  You really don't know when or how it might eventually break, and if it does, it's not going to be fixed.

It's also one of the reasons I harp on people NOT to use POP3 email access.  It's an absolute cinch to ditch one email client for another if you're using IMAP or MS-Exchange access protocols because everything will just "automagically" reappear in any and all other clients you set up, even on the same machine.  The same is not true of POP3 in its usual default configurations (there are several variants).

My guess, based on your stated error message, is that the actual URL is somehow "malformed" when being passed to IE by your email client.  That is, provided you are absolutely certain it is a valid address, which I'm assuming you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel