Re: Difficulty accessing links in confidential E-mails with NVDA

Louise,

        I am not going to get into export/import functions from any email client, supported or not, here because it's not in any way NVDA related.  That being said, I am happy to discuss this in depth on the Chat Subgroup.  You can absolutely export contacts from WLM and import them into other e-mail clients.  I can't speak to your folders not knowing whether they're local folders or IMAP folders.

         I tried to explain that Outlook, and I'm presuming, though not certain, WLM 2012, is currently "hard coded" to use IE for opening links, period, end of sentence.  If you don't believe me, take a look at this comment from another technician when the announcement that IE was being discontinued came out:  https://www.technibble.com/forums/threads/ie-being-removed-from-win-10-20h2-and-later-effective-june-15th-2022.86915/post-719341.  It doesn't matter what your default browser under Windows 10 happens to be, IE will be used by Outlook, and given that's the case through Outlook 365, I'm willing to take a leap of faith it is in WLM 2012, which hasn't been touched in years, too.

           In the end, all probabilities are that this is not an NVDA issue.  It's not impossible, but if I were placing bets, that's not where I'd place 'em as far as "who's the guilty party."

            This topic really needs to be taken to the Chat Subgroup if it is to be continued.

      ~ Brian Vogel