Re: Difficulty accessing links in confidential E-mails with NVDA

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 08:15 PM, Gene wrote:
Don’t believe what you hear from technical support staff in cases where you think there might be reason to doubt unless you have reason to do so.  Don’t just not believe it either.  Be skeptical and check in good lists. 
-
Amen to that!!

I actually don't have any problem with any given tech support organization saying, "We don't/won't/can't do that, as the software is no longer supported," which is an entirely different matter from saying, "It cannot be done."

And many tech support personnel have no expertise in the things they're supporting, but are using scripts.  And when that's the case, if they lack any real-world expertise, you can get all sorts of incorrect answers due to ignorance.  Why most organizations seem to believe that a support tech saying, "I don't know," is the worst possible thing eludes me.

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.