locked Re: Does turning-on "BitLocker" cause any accessibility issues?

tim

The one thing some don't get is the company you work for desides what software they want on there computers. You as a employ have very little say in that. Even when it comes to accessibility.

My job used xp with jfw 9. When current was win7 and jfw 16 at them time. The software would of worked better updated. But, not my box and sysops says what goes on box.

On 5/26/2021 10:20 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 07:32 AM, JM Casey wrote:
the OP stated that his employer leaves him no choice in that matter.
-
I read that as meaning that encryption is required, and nothing more.  I could be wrong.  But were I in this position, I would be pushing back against the need for drive encryption in general and BitLocker in particular.  It's gross overkill if it's strictly client data that you're seeking to encrypt.

There are other alternatives.  And the one I mentioned has now been confirmed as fully accessible and does not require full drive encryption.  There are others, too.

      ~ Brian Vogel