locked Re: Does turning-on "BitLocker" cause any accessibility issues?

Jackie

I'm not gonna say anything more on this topic, except that I think
it's valuable to talk about to a certain extent. However:
1) There are some apps that allow offline scanning, 1 called Voice
immediately comes to mind. You might need to subscribe to the service,
but it does allow you to take a pic of your screen, sans online
processing, and you'll be able to tell thus if you can enter the code.
That's for an IPhone, but I think other apps exist on Android also.
2) I think MS makes BitLocker, so contacting them regarding its
accessibility might end up being fruitful & helping everyone. In fact,
maybe we should all get on that bandwagon.

Sorry, Mr. Vogel. My bad, I won't say anything more regarding this.

On 5/26/21, Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@...> wrote:
Bitlocker is definitely not accessible with NVDA or any other screen
reader.
My employer insists on bitlocker and I have to estimate when to input
the bitlocker pin code.
It is required to input the bitlocker pin when powering on the laptop
(cold start) or when restarting it.
The bitlocker prompt is consistent though so rarely had issues.
You have to estimate when it is time to enter pin but don't wait too
long because then bitlocker powers down the laptop if no input is
received.
I can't disable this and I can't disable the pin.
This is a company group policy.
So, when it is time enter pin and press enter and if all went well
windows boots up and you hear nvda greeting you when ready to log in
to your windows account.
I've been working from home now over a year with this laptop and never
had issues with bitlocker or needed sighted assistance.
Ok, maybe a couple of times during windows updates since it is slower
to reboot when installing updates and I simply used FaceTime with a
colleague and he told me that the laptop still was installing and
preparing restart.

On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 19:20, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Agreed! Hopefully they are successful in arranging an alternative
solution.