Re: nvda and latest windows update

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM, tim wrote:
because even though everyone was told things may break. They seem to not get it!
-
And this is always the case with alpha and beta software.  The only difference this time is that we're virtually certain that specific types of breakages are going to occur in advance of their actually occurring.  There are times where this is common, and not just with NVDA.  When any kind of tectonic shift in underlying code occurs, this can and does happen.  It's a game of whack a mole for a couple of days to a couple of weeks as the next breakage pops up, gets reported, and then gets fixed.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Things eventually settle back to normal.

But the move to NVDA 2021.1 requires the warning Bette Davis gave in All About Eve:  Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!

But that's all it's going to be.  We will have the morning after, too.

Comparing notes about what the specific bumps are can make sense at times, though.  Others, not so much.

      ~ Brian Vogel