Re: NVDA Remote for iOS (was RE: [nvda] NVDARemote)

Hareth <hareth4m@...>

Wrong!
Your implying that all NVDA remote are bunch of fools.
any app cross platforms use the same remote connection protocol are
included your blanket judgement, that includes you if you in use of
it.
All what the other platforms app developers is creating a way to
facilitate that protocol to be used from another OS.
Vulnerability to hackers is altogether a security matter need to be
dealt with by the initial development of the NVDA remote support
addon, and not by who ever try to connect to their product.
above all that smartphones by far much secured compared to windows PC.
And for tools for the utilization of NVDA support, I rarely needed
anything more than a keyboard plus the device talking to me for what
is going on on the other device to give support for most of the cases
I've dealt with.
those new methods would indeed add a new accessible tool to our arsenal.

On 5/28/21, tim <z2004a1@gmail.com> wrote:
Only if your a fool to give support without the tools you really need and a
remote on phone don't get it.

It was a fool that wanted that simpleness and a hacker made them pay for
there it10ts! That move shut down a major pipeline.

If my clients can not wait until I get to the tools I need to fix them. Then
they can find another tech! I don't do work that needs another tech to clean
up.

On 5/28/2021 9:35 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 07:39 AM, Mallard wrote:

I mean... Ever heard of providing support while on a train or the like,
thus unlikely ot have a computer handy?

Sighted people can do that. I'd love to think that blind people will be
able to do that too.
-
Other than by talking phone, no, not really. I seldom see techs doing
anything "heavy duty" remotely if not seated in front of a machine where
all the tools they use are at their disposal or are actually sitting in
front of "the patient."

I'd certainly not try to provide (sighted) remote support using my
smartphone while traveling other than to talk someone through what they
could try as DIY troubleshooting. I can't do anything significant without
a real keyboard. I doubt I'm alone in being someone who does not have
such on them, even in folding Bluetooth format, at all times.

Note well, all of the above is to address the misconception that sighted
techs are routinely providing the kind of remote support that would
typically require a computer and keyboard while out and about with only
their smartphones. I've never once encountered that. That scenario is,
in my experience and observation, about as realistic as most of the
computer hacking in entertainment where everyone gets in with about 5
second's effort.

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their
actions. The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and
expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body. What you do
and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel