Re: NVDA's normal navigation mode

Gene

I'm not making a general statement that spoken words are better.  I'm saying that when someone begins learning the Internet, they are thinking about all sorts of things.  I think that hearing the words will both help remember the terms and what they mean and that it will make it a little easier for the beginning student.

I also think that automatic mode switching should be off for beginning students.

Gene

On 5/28/2021 11:14 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 12:11 PM, Gene wrote:
But I think it is important for those beginning to learn web navigation to hear what mode they are in.
-
And they do.  You just want to insist that using spoken words is "better."  I don't think it is given how frequently mode changes (as things are set up by default) and that extra verbosity just gets in the way.  The two sounds are quite distinct and not used otherwise contextually.

      ~ Brian Vogel