Re: NVDA's normal navigation mode

Arlene

Yes, it should be an option. If you want the word spoken then you should have the option to have it say it. Or set the sound to that if you are not a beginner using NVDA.Or, if you are a beginner to NVDA. Yes NVDA rocks! What I’ve always liked about it is this! You can add your addons as you like not pay for it with them added.  If you are not a computer coder then you don’t need them where as if you pay for an expensive screen reader you pay for them weather you want them or not.  Same with the voices. I like how you are given the choice to buy them and add them to NVDA. I like how you are given the choice to add the things you want as you choose.  I hope these words are right. I don’t want to ruffle people’s feathers.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: May 28, 2021 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA's normal navigation mode

I'm not making a general statement that spoken words are better.  I'm saying that when someone begins learning the Internet, they are thinking about all sorts of things.  I think that hearing the words will both help remember the terms and what they mean and that it will make it a little easier for the beginning student.

I also think that automatic mode switching should be off for beginning students.

Gene

On 5/28/2021 11:14 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 12:11 PM, Gene wrote:

But I think it is important for those beginning to learn web navigation to hear what mode they are in.

-
And they do.  You just want to insist that using spoken words is "better."  I don't think it is given how frequently mode changes (as things are set up by default) and that extra verbosity just gets in the way.  The two sounds are quite distinct and not used otherwise contextually.

      ~ Brian Vogel