From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 10:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and latest windows update

Well, run nvda, move to and read the time as you would usually do in systray.

Now wait a bit, say 5-10 minutes.
Check the time again.

Check with another clock.

At first I tried with windows but my dimention4 sync says I am at the right time.

The time will be whatever the last time it synced.

Then go to settings and from the nvda menu do a revert to saved configuration and the time will be updated.

I am unsure if the time events are not reading or if they are massively slowed down, because I was on the system for quite a while about 4 hours and suddenly the time did seem to resync but it only happened once like that.

So its either slow or not that fast.

I also found when opening the network icon in my computer or is it this pc, I have changed icons to look like the older icon names I have been used to since windows 95 because I could change the text label.

The network will display.

But it won't always refresh.

In fact I got it into a state where it wouldn't list everything but going to control panel and devices and printers and scroling round seemed to refresh things.

I am not sure if its nvda or an actual event syncing issue.

Its not a critical showstopper but it does mean for example if I say open the start menu or sometimes open a site some events don't take or I open my computer well this pc or whatever was the last thing I did and I have tried another keyboard, its almost like some events are not being tracked.

The log sometimes lists problems but a lot of the time doesn't.

While this certainly is not a reload all over event, its a potential concern as while I have several clocks here I don't always have a clock near me with my remote work.

So I guess I will have to keep my phone close by to check things.

It doesn't hamper general opperations generally but I did notice this.

It would be interesting exactly where the scenarios applied for the uia changes to be needed in the first place though.

This change has definitely broken some things though.

The only difference is unlike 2019 I can still use the system, its more of an inconvenience rather than a real problem.

As far as my syncronisation program tells me, time is actually normally doing its thing within windows itself.

On 28/05/2021 8:51 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
STR (steps to reproduce) please, as it falls under my area of research (I've been curious about impact of this change myself).
Cheers,
Joseph