Re: nvda and latest windows update

Hmmm some of the issues I have had only happen on the hp systems I own and not others so it could be one of those random configuration issues going about.

For example I have an error code 8000 on updates on my hp systems 2 of them that say they can't install yet they do and not my asus one.

If I get the same issue on theother intel hp system I have as well as my amd one then its probably a wait and see what happens its going to eventually get fixed and it can be gotten round.

If there is a key to tell nvda to refresh  its buffers and everything that would probably do.

On 29/05/2021 6:48 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

At least this points to something odd going on with a particular system.

I doubt that this is what has changed in build 19043.1023, as the changelog Shaun talks about may have to do with UIA controls, and clock icon is not seen as a UI Automation control by NVDA (years ago I spent a summer weekend adding support for UIA dialog property in NVDA, which was a fun adventure).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 11:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and latest windows update

In my case, using NVDA 2020.4, on Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043.985, it seems to work fine.

In fact, if I just let NVDA sit on the button, it's announcing the time change automatically as each minute changes.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.