Re: Another possible browser alternative, vivaldi

Jacob Kruger

Still need to play around with it a bit more, but, for example, under it's settings, under keyboard category, you can turn on full keyboard access, and, partly since alsmost of it's interface seems to be hosted within a webpage of sorts, it seems usable, even if not perfect.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2016-09-13 9:05 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi Jacob

Just found your email and downloaded the browser to take it for a quick test drive. it seems pretty useable and also lets you use most quick navigation keys. I was able to go to different pages and go back to the main one etc

I have not had a look under the settings etc but it seem to speak out menus etc as wewll as the web content.

I wonder if others users have taken it for a test drive and what do they think of it as well, should it be added to the list of useable browsers it seems very likely. so far.

Gene nz

On 6/07/2016 8:10 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Seems this browser uses something like some of chrome's elements to render actual web content, and just gave it a very quick try, but, the main reason is since, according the wired.com review came across of it, it's highly customisable in terms of most of it's interface - haven't had a chance to try too much of that as of yet, but, yes, could browse the 'net with it, and, while don't know many keyboard shortcuts - think you can also customise them, it seems usable:

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.