Re: is there a way to copy a link from the body of an email?

Betsy Grenevitch

It does not come across as a link when I try control-C. I had tried that before asking my question. I have spent almost an hour on this.

On 5/28/2021 5:03 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
Why not use the standard Windows keyboard shortcuts to select the text, copy it to the clipboard, and then paste it wherever?

If the link is on one line, you would go CTRL+Shift+End to select, CTRL+C to copy, then switch to wherever you want to paste and go CTRL+V to paste.

If you are unfamiliar with Windows basics like this, I recommend you get a copy of the Basic Training for NVDA available on the NV Access Website, and work through the examples.

On 2021-05-28 4:52 p.m., Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
I looked up what I had written in the past but have not been able to get the link to copy from an email to the clipboard so that I can put it in another email.

I am using the latest version of thunderbird and as far as I know the latest version of NVDA until the one that is just coming out.

Any help would be appreciated. What I tried is the insert key on the numpad while pressing the number 5 on the numpad twice but nothing seems to be saving to the clipboard.

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876