Re: is there a way to copy a link from the body of an email?

Betsy Grenevitch

It is the actual link to the file. It just says "link download" and it plays the file for you when you click on it.

On 5/28/2021 5:04 PM, Gene wrote:
I just saw Brian’s message and I should have said that what I described iss if the link is written out, not a link that says click here or some other text that isn’t the actual written out link.

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] is there a way to copy a link from the body of an email?

Have you tried the standard Windows method of selecting the link then using control c?  that isn’t an NVDA command.

I won’t discuss the various ways of copying to the clipboard using NVDA in this message since they shouldn’t be necessary for what you are doing.

Anywhere there is a cursor or a virtual cursor such as in browse mode, you can use the Windows method.  If you need discussion of that, ask.

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 3:52 PM

I looked up what I had written in the past but have not been able to get
the link to copy from an email to the clipboard so that I can put it in
another email.

I am using the latest version of thunderbird and as far as I know the
latest version of NVDA until the one that is just coming out.

Any help would be appreciated. What I tried is the insert key on the
numpad while pressing the number 5 on the numpad twice but nothing seems
to be saving to the clipboard.

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876

--