Re: Difficulty accessing links in confidential E-mails with NVDA

Gene

I should clarify one point:
In a previous message, I said I would discuss the probloem on the chat list.  That was before I got suggestive evidence that the problem may be an NVDA problem.  It is for that reason that I continued to discuss it here.

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Difficulty accessing links in confidential E-mails with NVDA

I’ve found links in a newsletter I get that cause the address not valid message to come up in Internet Explorer even though it isn’t my default browser.

This may be an NVDA issue.  Perhaps this can nbe tested if I forward the newsletter to those who want to test.

On links where I get this message, the problem appears to be that browse mode isn’t lining up with the link properly.  I’m not sure how this might cause the problem if it is the cause.  moving with the up and down arrow keys to the link doesn’t solve the problem.  Using k doesn’t solve it.  But tabbing does, at least these things appear to be true in the very small amount of testing I’ve  done.  It appears to me that tabbing is the most reliable way to be sure you are on a link and that appears to be the case here.

I would be very curious to see if the person with the problem links in the confidential newsletter can successfully follow them if she tabs to the link she wants.