Re: Microsoft Word with NVDA by NV Access now available

Quentin Christensen

Hi Clare,

Firstly, I'm glad you found the Basic Training for NVDA book useful!

With the Microsoft Word with NVDA book, and I just realised I didn't include this in the blurb, we tried to make it as broad as possible, as we did with the Basic Training for NVDA book.  What that means in terms of versions, is that we wrote it based around Microsoft Word 2010 through to 2016.

I have a computer with Office 2007 on it here myself and so I tested many of the activities and in fact quite a lot works similarly between Office 2007 and Office 2010.  Off the top of my head, I think the find command (control+f) is one - in that it uses the (simpler?) dialog box in 2007 instead of the task pane of later versions, and there are a couple of other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

In any case, I'm happy to offer that if you work through the book and find anything that you can't figure out in Word 2007, drop me a line and I'll have a look and figure it out for you.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Clare Page <clare.page@...> wrote:

Hi!

Having bought the « Basic Trainning For NVDA” e-book when it came out and found it useful, I am definitely tempted to buy the new e-book about Microsoft Word at some point; Before I decide whether to do so, I have an important question. Is this book a general guide to using NVDA with Microsoft Word, or is it geared towards any particular’ version of Word? I currently use Word 2007 here, and I know later versions of Word are different in some ways, so I would simply like to know which versions of Microsoft Word this new book covers.

Thanks in advance for you reply.

Bye for now!

From Clare