Re: What's the situation with Seika Braille drivers?

Mallard <mallard@...>

Hello,

Many thanks. I-m using a Seika 5/40, not 80.

I hope this works anyway.

I-ll do my best. I-m totally lost on Github. I get lost there, but I-ll do my best.

Thanks again. Stay safe,

Ollie

On 01/06/2021 21:01, Lukasz Golonka via groups.io wrote:
Hello,,

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 17:56:23 +0200
"Mallard" <mallard@...> wrote:

the situation here is becoming pretty much unbearable. Using a Seika braille display with NVDA has become practically impossible.

The first hints I found on the drivers being worked on are from 2019. Some time ago I was told a driver was being tested... When can we expect to be able to use Seikas again?
Assuming you're using one of: Seika v3/5/80 the pull request which fixes
support for it can be found here:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pull/10961

I've asked main developers for a second look at it but it would be
better if you can join GitHub and comment on the PR - it is much more
effective when affected users are advocating themselves.