Re: To all xp users who were running dropbox

Arno Schuh

Now I tried it with Dropbox 1.6.0.exe, Dropbox 2.11.46.exe and Dropbox 3.8.8 Offline Installer.exe and it is allways the same. Dropbox don't let me in. It recognize that I try to connect from XP - and that's it.
So if somebody is able to log-in - lucky boy!

Yours sincerely

Arno

Am Dienstag, 13. September 2016 09:35 schrieb Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>:

Well, I did not download it on two of the machines as they were still
downloading the updates from dropbox, but one thing may be important
as on one machine where the program had been uninstalled I used an
old copy of the offline installer, ie not the stub based on normally used. This installed and worked and updated itself to the latest
version The other point of course is that all my machines do have the registry
moddification to allow windows and msse updates till 2019, though it
calls them by a different name. The operating system still
identifies itself as xp though.
I have not had time to test this again today, but its worked for a
da few days so far.