locked Re: Updated Firefox to version 89, can no longer use w/NVDA

JM Casey

So, how long before we all get v.89 unless we take steps not to update. Don't want to be caught unawares before this happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: June 2, 2021 02:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Updated Firefox to version 89, can no longer use w/NVDA

I've tried both w/the NVDA beta as well as the stable version, folks.
It's broken on my system, & that includes w/Narrator & Jaws also.

On 6/2/21, Jackie McBride <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:
Obviously not, since I'm the 1 who actually started this thread. Given
that at least 1 other individual is experiencing this, & given that
Mozilla has made significant underlying changes to its interface, I'd
seriously suggest updating w/caution. I guess I'll not comment any
more though, because Narrator & Jaws don't work w/it either, so I
think this is not an issue w/NVDA, & I apologize for posting regarding
it.

Interestingly, if I start firefox when choosing a profile every time,
it works. If I select any profile & start it up w/o asking, it blows
up. In other words, even if I choose a profile from the profile list
and start it, everything's fine. If I load the same profile
automatically, stuff craters. Go figure! How the firetruck does one
report that & be believable?

On 6/2/21, brice Mijares <bmijares33@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you the only one having this problem? I'd like to know, that a
way I can say no to the update. thanks.

On 6/2/2021 9:49 AM, Sue J. Ward wrote:
Hello. I am experiencing the same thing with NVDA, I uninstalled
and reinstalled firefox, ran the calm registration tool, created a
new profile, still nothing and did a system file check, did not find
anything. According to the scan everything was fixed on my windows10
home machine. That is the one I am on right now writing out the email.
Whenever I go to the website just to give you an example
cbsnews.com, I load it on to firefox and getting unknown message
whenever I tab around the page think it loads, whenever I press the
arrow keys it says unknown, am tabbing around again it comes up with
unknown but am not sure what is going on, but when I am going in to
the help section, I have to run the trouble shoot mode, it restarts
in trouble shoot mode everything is fine when am on a website so what is going on here?
I am not on a network of any kind just your typical modem from
Cox.com using a wired connection. However I do have a second machine
windows10 pro 64 bit and both the home machine and the pro machine
have everything up to date and are running 64 bit, it is weird on
the
windows10 pro I did not have to do anything firefox works great on
that one verses the home machine. I can not figure out why I have to
restart firefox in trouble shoot mode on the windows home machine. I
even did a reset think that would help, no such luck there. In fact
I did load jaws, nothing there. Could someone tell us what is going
on here? Thank you.
rss_taglines_more

Amazon Has Plans to Share Your Internet on June 8
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60b7b69a5d99136993ba5st01du
c1
Trump's Blog Page Is No More
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60b7b69a813c536993ba5st01du
c2 Florida Man Cites 'Stand Your Ground' in Iguana Killing
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60b7b69aa473136993ba5st01du
c3