Re: Microsoft Word with NVDA by NV Access now available

Quentin Christensen

Cearbhall,

Well picked up!  Yes that behaviour of the review cursor has changed just this week in NVDA 2016.3, and as you've reminded me, we need to update that sample section of the Basic Training for NVDA module.

Pressing NVDA+f10 twice (quickly) should copy the selection to the clipboard.  Depending on the type of object that has focus, selecting the text (the first press) may move the focus you are right, but it should copy if you press NVDA+f10 twice quickly - within say a second or less - similar to pressing NVDA+f12 twice quickly to get the date, or pressing any of the reading commands twice to spell something.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:

Quentin,

I was trying out the free sample on the web page.

I am not fully familiar with the review cursor and so I tried to follow the sample exercise.  as I am a bit confused about the copying stroke. The manual says insert+F9 to start the mark and then one keystroke of insert F10 to copy it. However, NVDA keyboard help says that NVDA F10 should be pressed twice to copy the sleection. I also found that after pressing insert F10 twice, the caret  moved to the position of the word being copied and moved away from the last line position where it was expected to be.

I have repeated this several times with both a single insert+F10 and a double insert+F10 and I cannot get it to work.  Any advice?

All the best,

Cearbhall