Re: Welcome screen is not appeared

Christian’s Vlog

The latest version

On Jun 3, 2021, at 8:47 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Which version of NVDA are you using?  NVDA 2020.4 is the version available from the main download page: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/

We are also in the beta period of the next version, so that is also currently being used by some users: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Either way, in your %temp% folder, you should have a couple of files.  nvda.log is the log file for the current or most recent time NVDA was run.  nvda-old.log is the log file from the previous instance.  If NVDA has crashed there may also be nvda_crash.dmp.  If you could send as many of those as exist to me at info@... with a quick description I can see if I can find anything there.

Kind regards
Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 10:36 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
If you turned off the welcome screen in the past, NVDA probably
remembers that.  As with most programs, though I haven't tested this,
NVDA probably remembers the settings you used previously with a
different installation.

To see the welcome dialog, do the following:

Use NVDA key n to open the NVDA menu.

Type h for help

then down arrow through the help submenu.

When you get to welcome dialog, press enter.  The welcome dialog will be
displayed.

Gene

--
Quentin Christensen