Re: To all xp users who were running dropbox

Arno Schuh

Am Dienstag, 13. September 2016 14:16 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

I don't know how people didn't seem to read the exchange I had with
Mike on this subject. It appears that no one is using the method
Mike uses, which works,
No it definately doesn't work here. If it works on your system - something on your computer may be different to my or most of other XP machines. So if it runs these way on your computer - that didn't mean it runs on any other XP machine.

Arno

---

and as far as I can see, the version of Drop
Box being used doesn't matter. I have what, as far as I know, is the
most recent version.

If Drop Box is running, close it so you are starting from the same
place as I did when I tried this.
Then run Drop Box in the usual way, by pressing enter on the Drop Box
icon on the desk top.
Once it is ready, press enter on the icon again.
Drop Box will open and read a message that says to log in, use
control g.
Execute the command control g.
Your default browser will open on the Drop Box login page.
Log in.
You will be logged in in the Drop Box application and you will remain
logged in using the application even if you close and reopen it.

If you alt tab around, you may see a window at some point that is
titled drop box error. Ignore it. You are not following a supported
procedure, but the error window has no effect on what you are doing.
All your files will be indexed again but once the indexing message
disappears from the system tray information about Drop Box it will be
ready to use. It may take awhile for the indexing message to stop
being displayed and. You will see the usual up to date message after
it disappears. There will be a very brief time when you see some
other message about changing a certain number of files or something
like that but it doesn't matter. It will be replaced with the up to
date message.