Re: Welcome screen is not appeared

Quentin Christensen

The %temp% folder is your Windows temporary folder.  If you press WINDOWS+R to open the run dialog, then type %temp% (the percent sign, the letters t, e, m, p, and then the percent sign again) and press ENTER it should open the folder.  On Windows 10 you can also open File explorer (WINDOWS+E) and type that into the address bar.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 11:46 AM Christian’s Vlog <rolachristian11@...> wrote:
Where can I find the temp folder?

On Jun 3, 2021, at 8:47 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Which version of NVDA are you using?  NVDA 2020.4 is the version available from the main download page: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/

We are also in the beta period of the next version, so that is also currently being used by some users: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Either way, in your %temp% folder, you should have a couple of files.  nvda.log is the log file for the current or most recent time NVDA was run.  nvda-old.log is the log file from the previous instance.  If NVDA has crashed there may also be nvda_crash.dmp.  If you could send as many of those as exist to me at info@... with a quick description I can see if I can find anything there.

Kind regards
Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 10:36 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
If you turned off the welcome screen in the past, NVDA probably
remembers that.  As with most programs, though I haven't tested this,
NVDA probably remembers the settings you used previously with a
different installation.

To see the welcome dialog, do the following:

Use NVDA key n to open the NVDA menu.

Type h for help

then down arrow through the help submenu.

When you get to welcome dialog, press enter.  The welcome dialog will be
displayed.

Gene

--
Quentin Christensen