Re: break copyright. Re: [nvda] Microsoft Word with NVDA by NV Access now available

Jenine Stanley

Just bought my copy and am looking forward to reading it.

I’m also looking forward to the Excel book. I use Excel every day for work and want to be able to expand what I can do with it. I love the way NVDA works within Excel 2007 and we only use it as a giant database.

Yes, Power Point would be awesome to tackle next along with Outlook. I especially need big help with the Outlook calendar. We live on that calendar at work and short of setting up an initial appointment, its layout stumps me.
Jenine Stanley

On Sep 13, 2016, at 8:32 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Fantastic, glad you got your order sorted Shaun,

Re Word, there's actually quite a lot of interesting features that to be honest I hadn't completely explored before I dove into writing the material myself.

Excel is the next module we're working on.  We haven't mapped out a specific plan for exactly what to tackle after that.  We've definitely talked about both PowerPoint and Outlook.  LibreOffice has come up a couple of times in this and other threads lately so we might need to evaluate where the most interest and need lies.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
Well I have it now.
Looks like after all the hastles with orders that I only got 1 recipt and so that worked.
I havn't run word in ages but I like to buy to support and get a manual which I can use myself.
I did do wordprocessing and well that sort of thing.
I really wouldn't mind a guide for spreadsheets like excell, outlook, powerpoint, and maybe libre and open office.
I never completed my spreadsheeting course because the person I got to help was useless and basically couldn't find how to handle it with the keyboard they did it all for me with the mouse.
As a result I passed the theory but have no practical experience at all.

On 13/09/2016 10:56 p.m., Simone Dal Maso wrote:
This is really a useful documentation.
I will buy it during these days, I have a question:
if I translate the document in italian, do you think I will break
copyright?
I really don't want to make things that can create problems to me or
NvAccess, but this kind of document is very useful, what do you think
about this, translating in other languages?

Il 13/09/2016 09:14, Quentin Christensen ha scritto:
NV Access is very pleased to announce the release of "Microsoft Word
with NVDA", the official training material for Microsoft Word with NVDA.
It covers concepts from getting started with Word through to use of
advanced features such as customising the status ribbon and running
macros.

Available from:
http://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-word-training-for-nvda/
initially in eBook formats (Braille and audio to follow) for AUD $30 (+
$3 GST in Australia).

Microsoft Word with NVDA is the second module in the official set of
training materials for learning to use the free NVDA screen reader.
Suitable for the new and existing user of Microsoft Word wishing to
improve proficiency. This module assumes that the user has completed the
“Basic Training for NVDA” module, or has equivalent knowledge.

Topics covered include: Getting started with Microsoft Word,
proofreading, styles, tables, page layout, referencing, inserting,
collaboration and sharing and customising Word options. Formats included
in this package: ePub, HTML, Word Docx and Mobi (Kindle).

The purchase price of this product supports the work of NV Access and
our ability to provide the NVDA screen reading software free of charge.

If you would like to sample the style of the material prior to
purchasing, we have made an extract of the Basic Training for NVDA
module freely available on our website, http://www.nvaccess.org/.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Twitter: @NVAccess

.