Re: What is the highest version of nvda for windows 7 please?

Quentin Christensen

Just confirming that NVDA has not dropped support for Windows 7.  There will come a time when we do, but we will be sure to publicise that widely so it doesn't surprise anyone.  Also, when we do, we won't leave you with a broken setup.  Currently, if you tried to install the latest version of NVDA on a machine with Windows XP, it would give you an error message and invite you to use NVDA 2017.3 (the last version which works on Windows XP, for which there is a link on the download page).  As and when we eventually drop support for Windows 7, we will do a similar thing.

In the meantime, if you do encounter any issues running either the stable, beta or alpha builds of NVDA on Windows 7, please do let us know!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 8:18 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
From what I can see in the "What's new" page, that includes the change logs (https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2020.4/nvda_2020.4_changes.html) NVDA remains compatible with Windows 7 at least up through the current production release, 2020.4.  There is a bug fix in the list for 2020.4 that makes reference to a change for Windows 7.