Re: What is the highest version of nvda for windows 7 please?

Joe Paton

Thanks Quentin

first class.

Joe

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 10:22:20 +1000
"Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:

Just confirming that NVDA has not dropped support for Windows 7. There
will come a time when we do, but we will be sure to publicise that widely
so it doesn't surprise anyone. Also, when we do, we won't leave you with a
broken setup. Currently, if you tried to install the latest version of
NVDA on a machine with Windows XP, it would give you an error message and
invite you to use NVDA 2017.3 (the last version which works on Windows XP,
for which there is a link on the download page). As and when we eventually
drop support for Windows 7, we will do a similar thing.

In the meantime, if you do encounter any issues running either the stable,
beta or alpha builds of NVDA on Windows 7, please do let us know!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 8:18 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

From what I can see in the "What's new" page, that includes the change
logs (
https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2020.4/nvda_2020.4_changes.html)
NVDA remains compatible with Windows 7 at least up through the current
production release, 2020.4. There is a bug fix in the list for 2020.4 that
makes reference to a change for Windows 7.

*I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their
actions. The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and
expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body. What you do
and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.*

~ Brian Vogel

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager