INSERT F RESPONDING IRREGULARLY

Christo Vorster

Hi Group

Since the update to NVDA 2016.2.1 we encounterd strange behaviour when using insert f to read the font attributes.

Sometimes I hear what I need to, but more often than not I hear anything but the required response.

We are currently using NVDA 2016.3, Office 2010 and Windows 10.

Some of the responses I get are:

1.       “No formatting information”, when I know that there should be information.

2.       “Arial 20 PT”, when I know for a fact it should be 12 Pt, because I checked in the font menu, ctrl+d.

3.       Often I change alignment, centre or right aligned, and insert F simply don’t announce it.

We are training students to do word processing and it is highly important for them to be able to confirm that they did what they are required.

Could the experts please assist us.

If you require more info, please ask.

Thanks for all the good work you do.

Regards and have a nice day.