Re: INSERT F RESPONDING IRREGULARLY

Quentin Christensen

Hi Christo,

Have you got the review cursor following the system caret?  When you press NVDA+f it actually reads the formatting information at the review cursor, not the system caret.  With the two linked, the results are the usually the same, but what you're describing sounds like the two cursors are in different places.

If you go into the NVDA menu, NVDA+n then press P then go down to "Review cursor", there are options for when the review cursor moves.  You can also press NVDA+6 to toggle whether the caret moves the review cursor.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Christo Vorster <christo.vorster@...> wrote:

Hi Group

Since the update to NVDA 2016.2.1 we encounterd strange behaviour when using insert f to read the font attributes.

Sometimes I hear what I need to, but more often than not I hear anything but the required response.

We are currently using NVDA 2016.3, Office 2010 and Windows 10.

Some of the responses I get are:

1.       “No formatting information”, when I know that there should be information.

2.       “Arial 20 PT”, when I know for a fact it should be 12 Pt, because I checked in the font menu, ctrl+d.

3.       Often I change alignment, centre or right aligned, and insert F simply don’t announce it.

We are training students to do word processing and it is highly important for them to be able to confirm that they did what they are required.

Could the experts please assist us.

If you require more info, please ask.

Thanks for all the good work you do.

Regards and have a nice day.