Renaming File Extensions in Bulk

David Russell

Hello NVDA,

This is mostly an update and reaction to the thread per this post, but
know I send heart-felt thanks to each of you.

Ruis, you're correct about WordPad being an option. However, the files
in question are on a USB or as it is commonly called, a thumb drive.
You were the only one to bring up this option.

Gene, Brian, Luke and Jackie
I agree that working with something in the gloaming stage makes little
sense in the long-run. However, the solution to download the
compatibility pack may be a quick fix and stave off the inevitable for
temporary. I am not the most tech savvy guy on the block..
Yes, Libre Office sounds good, I skimmed its website, but am a bit
daunted by some of the tech terms and formats stated. Too bad the
WordPerfect days were short-lived due to a monopoly that gives two
poops about its users.

My effort to go to www.account.com.live.reset
in order to initiate recovery of my Microsoft Account was tedious,
frustrating, and a joke. I spent over an hour playing their audio
capscha game where one has a series of statements to interpret.
Creating an email account wasn't much better either.

One of you has contacted me off list, and I am very grateful for this
person's time and interest. I am not ruling out LO, and am impressed
it welcomes solutions suggested for found problems, and has something
like a user listserv, too. I will act on this, but not hastily;
thanks!

I am a short story writer, so would be going into my files to do some
fine tuning. I submit my efforts to online venues, sometimes via
submittable.com or other, where uploading an attachment is required.
Some are picky as to format: rtf, doc, docx or pdf. For now, Jarte
with the compatibility pack would be the quickest solution in terms of
time and such. Or, if I can recover my MS account info by miracle, the
product key could be used to install the 2016 version as purchased
with the computer.

Best,

--
David C. Russell, Author