"pane" bug with NVDA and excel

falkogiepmans@...

Dear all,

I have got someone who has problems with excel. If he presses f2 when in a cell it jumps to the formula bar correctly but only says "pane" and nothing else. NVDA does not report typed words in it either.
We think this is not a bug in NVDA, since narrator also does not report anything.

We are running NVDA 2020.4 without add-ons.
The formula bar itself is considered an NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible object.
We have reset the configurations to default and ran the fix COM registration tool.
The version is Office 365 MSO 16.01252721378,

Does anyone has any idea what could be wrong or some tips to check?

Kind regards,
Falko