From: Luke Davis
Sent: 13 June 2021 00:11
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading characters phonetically

Lexi wrote:

> Hello, is there a way to get NVDA to read characters phonetically? Such as, A: alpha, B: bravo, and so on?--

If your cursor is on the character, or the review cursor is, pressing the

numpad 2 key twice (desktop mode), will read the character phonetically.

If you want it to just read phonetically if you pause on a character while

using the arrow keys, like iOS Voiceover does in character mode, there is

an add-on for that, although I can't find it currently.

Luke