Re: nvda remote and braille

dennis huckle

Hello,

A little while ago I looked at this.

I have now produced my own guide to assist anybody wishing to use nvda with a braille display.

It includes commands I have learned myself and those in the input gestures section of nvda settings.

Its my first attempt at a subject I am still keen to learn more about. However using these commands I can now control my pc with a braille display alone.

The guide is attached for anybody on this group to use.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Wells
Sent: 14 June 2021 17:04
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda remote and braille

Dennis: Using NVDA on an ElBraille which uses Focus fifth generation, I am finding lots of things I can't control in Windows, could you point me to what resources you are using to guide me through learning more Braille key strokes to do more? I can't even do ALT+F4 at this point.

On 6/14/2021 9:32 AM, dennis huckle wrote:

Extremely useful.

As I mentioned a while ago I am seriously beginning to consider nvda as my default screen reader.

As I have now mastered braille commands and can now control my pc as I could with jaws nvda is seemingly a better option.

Starting to use nvda remote with braille is something I certainally find useful in order to assist others in the use of nvda.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: 14 June 2021 15:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda remote and braille

Hello!

According with my experience:

Regarding speech, your PC will talk with your selected synth in spite of any configuration of remote machine...

Regarding Braille, your Braille display will work if the remote machine and yours are set to auto... If each is set to a different Braille display, I think it will not work...

Rui Fontes

Às 12:56 de 14/06/2021, dennis huckle escreveu:

Hello all,

I have, as yet little experience of using nvda and the remote addon.

I have a friend whose pc is no longer speaking.

I have proposed I conduct an nvda remote in order that I might assist her.

Both of us have braille displays.

Once connected to her does my braille display work with her nvda and do both versions have to be the same.

Although she has no speech will my end of the remote connection speak or does nvda match her computer settings.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.