Re: JavaScript events related to Screen reader virtual cursor

Jonathan COHN

No, there is no way to know about virtual cursor position, especially if the mouse is not following the browse cursor. If you use the focus cursor then it will get events, as well as if the mouse moves in or out of the elements .

Jonathan

On Jun 15, 2021, at 12:31 PM, Vaibhav Saraf <vaibhav.s.acc@...> wrote:

Hi Community,

Folks at my organization are building a toast notification for something, I know they are not good friends for many of us, but that's a different part of the story as they are doing only for cosmetic updates.

The problem is that when I arrow over the notification and read it, it disappears while my virtual cursor is still on it. They have handled events to detect hover and focus to increase the timeout but nothing related to other key strokes.

Are there any JS events triggered by NVDA virtual cursor when on a page which can be handled to reset the timeout in such a case?

Thanks,
Vaibhav