Phonetic Pronunciation for Vernacular Languages

Sanjog Kumawat

Hello,

I am using NVDA 2020.4 and Windows 10 Home. Few days back, there was a discussion on phonetic description of a character and how NVDA can announce the character and it’s phonetic pronunciation. I was using the shortcut NVDA + . (fullstop) twice to hear the phonetic pronunciation. The shortcut and the “Enhanced Phonetic Reading” add-on is working fine everywhere when it comes to English.

However, NVDA fails to report the phonetic pronunciation/description of a letter typed in Hindi or Marathi except when typed in Microsoft Word. I am using Office 365. When I write anything in Notepad for example, NVDA does not report the phonetic pronunciation. It used to report in the older versions like 2020.1. What could be the reason? Is there anything I can do that will solve this problem?

Regards,

Sanjog Kumawat