In other places where the text is not otherwise accessible (in the winver dialog for instance), you do need to use NVDA+f10 to copy as control+c won't work there.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 12:50 AM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Your message encouraged me to check this out and it does indeed work as you suggest.  After using NVDA+f9 to start mark, the First NVDA+f10 does the end mark and selects the text between the 2 points, then the second f10 press copies it to the clipboard, so the second f10 press is identical to pressing Ctrl+c but you could replace it with ctrl+x if you want to cut the selected text and use ctrl+v to paste it elsewhere.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of nasrin khaksar
Sent: 14 September 2016 13:53
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft Word with NVDA by NV Access now available

hi Quentin.
thanks so much for your patience and answering our questions in a very good manner.
i have a question about nvda 2016.3 and text selection.
in previous versions, when we press control+f9, we starting mark our selection.
after that, when we press control+f10, our selection is copied to the clipboard.
right?
now, in the new version, as usual, when we use control+f9, we specify our selection.
after finishing our selection, we should control+f10 twice quickly to our selection be copied.
but what happen if we use control+f10 once like previous versions?
for example: if we use it once, is it possible to use windows regular commands like control+x control+c and control+v?
thanks for your help and God bless you!

On 9/14/16, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:
> Quentin,
>

> You say that the copy selection (F10 twice) should only move the caret
> if certain objects are in focus. What does this mean?
>

> I have tried the F9 and double F10 sequence  with NVDA+6 set to "caret
> moves review cursor " "on" and "off" alternately, but the double F10
> always moves the caret to the copied text. To be sure that I am making
> myself clear: in the sample, when I double click F10 to copy "Bert", I
> find the caret has jumped from the last line where I removed "Brown"
> to the immediate right edge of the word Bert" on the top line.
>

> How can I get the caret to stay in place and not move up?
>

> All the best,
>

> Cearbhall
>

> m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e:
> cearbhall.omeadhra@...
>

> I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The
> Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.
> Try Spam Reader <http://www.spam-reader.com/disclaimer.shtml>  for free now!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess