Re: Code factory Eloquence

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

I totally agree.  There has to be a way  Code Factory can authorize their software permanently without requiring hand shaking with their servers every time a user launches their product.

On 6/17/2021 9:24 AM, Gene wrote:
Which demonstrates my point.  A product should not depend for operation on repeated authorizations.  If the company has problems, who knows how many users will be inconvenienced.

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code factory Eloquence

Hi.

Codefactory are aware of the issue and are hoping to have it fixed soon. I have just heard from their tech support team. I'll post here when I receive any updates, unless someone gets there first. It seems to be an issue with their server provider.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 17/06/2021 14:10, Gene wrote:
Also, unlikely as this is, if the company goes out of existence, you may permanently lose access to the product.

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:08 AM

I think I know the cause but I don’t know how it is solved.  I think that either the program isn’t communicating with the product manufacturer for recertification, as it does from time to time, or something is corrupted in the company records and the information being sent isn’t recognized.

We’ll see  how others have solved the problem.

I consider this to be a drawback in the product.  Why should it have to repeatedly be verified by sending information back to the manufacturer?  Screen-readers don’t do this, once they are activated, they stay activated.  If, for some unexpected reason, you are not online when activation is required, you will lose access to speech from the product.  I mean circumstances where you want to use the computer but you don’t have an Internet connection available.  I expect that normally, when you are once again online, activation automatically takes place.  But it should not be assumed that the user will always be on line when using the product.

Perhaps those who use the product should really start a campaign to let the manufacturer know that this is not something people are willing to accept any longer.

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] Code factory Eloquence

What would cause the "please register this product) to pop up over night? There has been no major change in the system. It was running just fine at 2am this morning.
*********
family Times weekly Movie times

go to Doc's Stream
Ask Miss A to play family times on tuneIn
You can also find family times on OoTunes.

walking in VictoryI welcome all that are interested in joining our devotionals on Monday thru saturdays at 8am EST. join the devotion channel.
Also, there is a weekly bible study at 8pm EST in the Walking with Jesus channel.

Add the following information in your TeamTalk
host address: wiv.wrighthere.net
TCP/UDP ports: 10333

entry name: walking in Victory
tab twice and press space on Add/update