Re: Code factory Eloquence

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 12:16 PM, Monte Single wrote:
What is the attraction?
-
When it comes to voices, I have come to the conclusion that,  Chacun à son goût [Everyone has their own taste], rules the day.

The amount of passion that surrounds what is, or is not, a good voice comes down to personal preference based on one's own needs.  What one loves, another despises.

What I don't get is the rigidity that surrounds preferred voices.  I get why one would want to stick with one's preferred voice or voices, but others should suffice "in a pinch," because pinches do occasionally occur.  It's sort of analogous to having a spare screen reader that you can use as your secondary when, for whatever reason, your preferred one is not playing well with some specific thing, be it a website, software, or something else.

      ~ Brian Vogel