I had outlook do bad things not syncing devices and being bad last week with dad's iphone and his main system mail.
After repairing the icloud system, I had to end up deleting his entire profiles, recreating it again, using his allready imported datafile on his system then subbing everything again again.
Have you tried to reinstall or repair office?

On 15/09/2016 12:39 p.m., Pranav Lal wrote:
Sean,

What e-mail client do you suggest? I have looked at thunderbird but cannot use it because importing from outlook is broken. I need to do a lot of formatting of documents such as using styles so cannot switch to alternative office applications because as far as I know they lack the underlying infrastructure to communicate fully with NVDA.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] microsoft word 2-16 and outlook 2016:

I would use something other than ms outlook.
Unless it can be fixed.
I abandond ms office ages ago.
In fact I think if I ever hit the need for office that I will either use old office xp which I legally own or one of the free office installs.
I do know that office 2007 or 2010 will work and with the features I use I don't need the cloud office apps and so won't run into a problem.
Since I do have jarte though its about all I will need.
If libreoffice works well or openoffice that is then I will probably use that.
True, if someone offers me office whatever the latest is and its funded for my business then hmmm.
Maybe I will use jaws because thats what people do for office and just use nvda for my personal use but I'd really like to use nvda for as much as I can.
Technically I could use my other comercial readers but since nvda needs to be used on a lot of things well.
I have got used to the ribbon in office and the shortcuts and it works as it should as long as I know the various code sequences.

On 14/09/2016 5:34 p.m., Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have indeed resorted to writing my replies in Notepad and pasting
them into Outlook. However, It is one more step and what if I have to
quote parts of a message? More formatting issues for one thing when I
transfer data between programs. So yes, there are workarounds but this
situation must be addressed.

On 9/14/16, Paul Benson <paul.benson@guidemail.co.uk> wrote:
Hello Pranav and all,

Thoroughly annoying when the half-composed message is lost. Perhaps a
plan B is available? Compose the reply message in Notepad or similar
and only open up Outlook to copy the completed reply from clipboard
into the required location. This also allows simple regular updates while composing.

Paul Benson.