Re: NVDA does not read the context menu in the Edge browser

tim

Now sometimes the list don't speak, but can always arrow down to what I need. Ben that way for the past year with NVDA and every update to current with all browsers.

So would say check your resolution Be surprised how much a change there will play with screen readers in the browser.

On 6/18/2021 11:04 PM, Brian Sackrider wrote:
        When I press shift 10 in the edge brouser to actavate the context menu it does not read it and I am not able to down arrow through the menu.  I have tried to do this with brouse mode both on and off.  I have also tried narator and I got the same results.  I have called the microsoft accessability answer desk and my case has been escelated.  When they remoted my pc using quick assist they were able to open the context menu and down arrow through it.  My sighted friend tried to open the context menu in edge with no screen reader turned on and he was able to open the context menu and down arrow through it.  I only have this issue with the edge brouser and not with any other brouser.  If I use ie chrome or fire fox I am able to open the context menu and down arrow through it.  It's seems that edge is not recignizing the shift 10 command.  Could it be a problem with the ui not being programed to recignize this command?  Microsoft does need to fix this problem before they turn off ie for good.

Brian Sackrider