Re: NVDA does not read the context menu in the Edge browser

Blake Roberts <BEarlRoberts@...>

The strange  behavior described by others regarding the context menu being problematic occurs for me even though I'm running the most recent version of Microsoft Edge, 91.0.864.54. And yes, I pressed the *down* arrow not up arrow. I'm running Windows 10 21H1 OS build 19043.105.

Blake

On 6/19/2021 12:29 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 12:14 PM, Brian Sackrider wrote:
In my case I can't down arrow to what I need it just gos out of the menu.
-
That's the behavior I'm seeing as well.  But "sighted guy hair splitting":  it never goes in to the context menu to begin with.  The menu appears, but focus is not given to it, so you get some "interesting" behavior on the web page that underlays the context menu when you start arrowing around, too.

I do not recall this behavior having been present in the past, and have to believe it's come in after Version 2004, but I'm not sure when.  If someone happens to be on Version 2004, would you test what you get in Edge when a context menu is popped up in the context of reading a webpage when NVDA is active?  Also, if it's not misbehaving, make note of what version of Edge you're running.

In my case I'm Win10 Version 21H1 with Edge version 91.0.864.48.

Interestingly, when I went to check version Edge was due to be updated, and it has been to Edge Version 91.0.864.54.  After this update, the behavior changes in that if I hit SHIFT+F10 to bring up a context menu hitting down arrow does bring me into that menu with focus on the first item at the top.  That's the only way to get in, though, if you use up arrow hoping to enter from the bottom and the last item, that doesn't work.

      ~ Brian Vogel