From: Giles Turnbull
Sent: 20 June 2021 14:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Websites that determine where NVDA starts at

Hi all, I apologise for the rather clunky and undescriptive subject line!

I have found several websites shift the NVDA cursor to the website's privacy settings link when the page loads. I experience this most with the Sainsbury's supermarket website.  after I have searched for an item and added it to my basket, when I return to the search page, NVDA gets repositioned to the Heding 3 that is We value your privacy, which is right at the bottom of the webpage, with only the Cookie Settings links below it. Of course it's easy to press CTRL+Home to jump straight back up to the top of the webpage, but I find it a pain when I have to do it thirty times during the course of doing my weekly shop.

I can't remember off the top of my head, which other websites have this behaviour, but it is quite a few. Simple question ... is there any way to stop a website from doing this to NVDA, or any NVDA setting that can stop this happening?

I am using NVDA 2020.4 and it is happening with Firefox 89.0.1 and also in Chrome.

Thanks,

Giles