Re: NVDA does not read the context menu in the Edge browser

Blake Roberts <BEarlRoberts@...>

As I mentioned previously, I also experience the context-menu issue using the current version of Microsoft Edge. I reported the issue to Microsoft several days ago using help/send feedback in the browser.

Whether Microsoft fixes this issue or not, there is a simple solution to the context-menu problem which Mr. Sackrider and anyone else can implement immediately. I myself chose to stop using Microsoft Edge months ago for a different reason. I switched back to using Google Chrome browser, which I already installed on my computer years ago. Chromium-based Edge is similar to Google Chrome, though not identical. the context-menu functions correctly on my system when Google Chrome is used. If you don't want to download Google's browser, I would suggest trying Firefox. There may very well be other accessible web browsers useable with NVDA which I have not tried yet.

Regarding downloads: I have never used the context menu to access downloads. When I want to download a file, I press enter on it. To see download progress, I press alt+f for file then select downloads. In either chromium-based Edge or Google Chrome, the keyboard shortcut to access the downloads menu is control+j.

In summary: I'll quote the assistive technology trainer who taught me how to use JAWS years ago. The advice applies equally to NVDA users. "When using Windows, there is usually more than one way to do something."

Blake