Re: NVDA does not read the context menu in the Edge browser

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 08:58 PM, Brian Sackrider wrote:
My problem is that I was told that microsoft is even working on the problem.
-
Do you really need to be?

You have been told, and not just by me, that this problem is of very recent introduction.  I've been using Edge with a screen reader since before it had even been released, and it worked perfectly.

These kinds of bugs are routine, get reported, and get fixed.  IE does not disappear for months yet.  Your hand-wringing, given available information, and Microsoft's track record with regard to wanting their premier products (and Edge is one) to work properly, is entirely misplaced.

You are also gravely mistaken if you think that front line tech support is ever going to be able to give you any accurate sense of whether a given issue is, or is not, being worked on.  That's not their job, and in a company as massive as Microsoft there is no way for them to know this sort of detail.

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.